Perfect Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron or heavy nonstick skillet over high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Nestle chicken in skillet, skin side down, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; continue cooking skin side down, ossasionally rearranging chicken thighs and rotating pan to evenly distribute heat, until fat renders and skin is golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook 13 more minutes.
- Flip chicken; continue cooking untik skin crisps and meat is cooked though, about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a serving plate; let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Bon Appétit ♥
[from the recipe box of: Mark Clark (email@example.com)]